Please read through the following Terms sigmaessays of Use for the website located at https://mediafordevelopment.bbcmediaaction.org (the ai???Websiteai???) which is administered by BBC Media Action. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions of use, please do not use the Website.
2 Access to the Website
- 2.1 While BBC Media Action endeavours to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, BBC Media Action shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- 2.2 BBC Media Action makes no warranties that the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the servers and or other equipment and services required to make the Website available will be free of viruses or other harmful components.
3 User Information and Content Created by Users
- 3.2 Any content submitted to us (which includes any articles, blogs or other similar content written by users), whether by using the Website or any third party site, by email or otherwise (the ai???User Contentai???) shall be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
- 3.3 You will, by submitting such User Content to us:
a) be deemed to have granted us and our affiliates and other users of the Website a perpetual, world-wide, royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable licence to access and use the User Content for the purposes set out in Clause 6.2 below;
b) BBC Media Action and its affiliates shall have no obligations with respect to the User Content; and
c) You warrant that:
(i) the User Content is your own original work and that you have the right (and permission if created in the course of any employment) to make it available for all the purposes specified in it;
(ii) the User Content is not defamatory and does not infringe any law; and
(iii) you waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Website and the purposes specified here.
- 3.4 In agreeing for User Content to be uploaded onto the Website, each respective user will be asked to submit certain personal details being the users name, email address and contact numbers. The Website administrators will hold such personal details, who have funded and own the website, for the purposes of administering the Website for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose for which it was submitted.
4 Content on the Website and Third Party Sites
- 4.1 Content uploaded on this Website by BBC Media Action, including without limitation training materials, country profile information, policy briefings and documents, third party links and any and all databases (the ai???Site Contentai???) and the User Content (Site Content and User Content together referred to as the ai???Contentai???) may not be up to date, and, while BBC Media Action endeavours to ensure that such Content is correct, BBC Media Action does not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of the Content. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of any Content.
- 4.2 Links to third party sites on the Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, they will take you to a third party site and you acknowledge and agree that BBC Media Action has not reviewed, is not responsible for, cannot control, makes no warranties or representations about and does not purport to endorse any of these third party sites, their content, or any results, goods or services that may be obtained using such sites. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
5 Intellectual property
- 5.1 All intellectual property and database rights in and to the Website and the Site Content, including, but not limited to, text, images and layout, is the property of BBC Media Action and/or its licensors. All intellectual property rights in and to all User Content shall remain with the users who have created each piece of User Content.
- 5.3 The trade marks, logos and service marks (collectively the ai???Trade Marksai??i??) displayed on the Website, are registered and unregistered Trade marks, BBC Media Action and others as applicable. Nothing contained on the Website should be construed as granting, by implication, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Website, without the permission such party that may own the Trade Marks displayed on the Website.
6 Your use of the Website
- 6.1 You agree that you will not:
a) use the Website for the posting or transmitting of any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, or discriminatory or other objectionable content of any kind;
b) upload to the Website any files that contain viruses, or otherwise in any way damage, disable or impair the operation of the Website; or
c) use the Content on or in the Website for any commercial purpose.
- 6.2 You are permitted to use the Content for your own private, non-commercial use provided you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the Content. You may use the Site Content as a source of information for any derivative works created by you provided you agree to credit Website and BBC Media Action as the original source. Any other use of the website Content requires the prior written permission. Please contact us should you have any queries.
Under no circumstances will BBC Media Action or any of its partners involved in the production of the Website (including the BBC and/or BBC Media Action) be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website regardless of the form of action.
8 Entire agreement and paragraph headings
9 Termination, assignment and third parties